Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sympathy Cross Card

A friend of mine from one of the places where I volunteer lost her husband rather suddenly from cancer and so I came up with a sympathy card at the last minute. I used my Cricut Expression and adapted an SVG cross that I had stored on my computer to the circumstances.

Once again, I know I got the idea for the original cross from someone else's website yet I didn't record where (I know how horrible that it of me), and I had to re-design it for my card --- it wasn't fitting on my card correctly and had once set of "humps" missing, but it still is NOT my design. I do appreciate immensely all the people who share their files on the web and feel horrible that up until now I haven't kept better records of where I have gotten my files. :(

Here is the card I made using a yellow pearlescent base and pearlescent white for the layered crosses. I used pop-dots between the layers of each size cross. It went card base (yellow), then a pearlescent large cross, pop-dots, a pearlescent large cross, pop-dots, and a small pearlescent cross. Making 3 layers of paper above the cardstock and 2 sets of pop-dots, yes it was thick --- but I like it this way. You could achieve a nice look using just one layer of a large cross and a small cross also, forgoing the pop-dots. I know some people (my sister included) do not like the dimensional look of many current cards. My card looked like this:


It is VERY simple in the picture. At first, I did not want a lot of frills, but after I made it I realized that it needed a sympathy verse and some peel-offs. So I did dress it up, I just didn't get a picture taken before it was sent :(

I am sharing a ZIP archive that contains the jpg image of the card, the SVG file, and the scut2 file for a 5x7 card.


If you have seen the original cross file on the web somewhere and can send me the link - or are the original creator - please contact me and I will give you the credit that is definitely yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment