Sunday, August 14, 2011

SU! Stamp Club with Joann - HOPE Card

I can't take credit for the design of this card, my SU! demonstrator, Joann, did that. She has a Stamp Club Weekend each month and opens her home to a group of us on Saturday and Sunday (different people, different days, but you are free to sign up for either day). I am a "switcher" - I go to whichever day works best for me, but many of the ladies go only to the Saturday class or only to the Sunday one --- the card to be made is the same on both days.

August is a special month because it is the Annual SALE! Joann sells her left-over paper, retired stamp sets, ribbon she doesn't use often, etc at a reduced price and we get to gobble it all up! She also offers us the chance too pour over her sample cards and choose those that we would like for our sample card collections! It is almost too good for words!!! OK it IS too good for words!!!!

So this was Stamp Club weekend (it is the second weekend of each month) - and she used the special Breast Cancer Awareness stamp set to make the design of the card. It is a fabulous pink and grey card with a glittered butterfly. The card is, as are all cards, so much more spectacular in person than on the internet.

My sister's best friend is currently fighting - very hard - a battle with breast cancer, so I am sending my card to her. Here is the card:

I really like this card because it used so many different techniques. The glittery butterfly, was stamped with Versamark onto a transparency then SU!'s heat & stick was applied, heated and red glitter was applied, then heated again to make it stick. Sorry, that transparency, should be called, in SU! language, a "window sheet."

The "H" hope stamp and the encouraging/empowering words (courage hope believe unity survivor caring together love kindness support strength blessed thank you) are embossed using craft ink and clear embossing powder. And the great doily image in the corner is....wait of it... the "Hello, Doily" stamp :) from SU! which we stamped in Sahara sand onto the Blushing Bride paper.

OK usually I do not give out so much info about how I make a card - but since Joann told me how to do it, I thought I might pass this info on to you. And, if you ever want to know how I have done something, please feel free to ask :)

btw, after all that, my card to Corinne for tomorrow seems like a child's work. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment